In this blog I will be introducing a fellow classmate from my course who I was assigned to shoot a portrait. I’m photographing Sarah Aherne. Sarah is an interesting and in her spare time participates in Cosplay.
- This is Sarah’s most recent facebook profile picture, Sarah is cosplaying a character from Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. Sarah enjoys the show and cosplays as the main character Marinette.
- Marinette is a teenager, living in Paris and studying at college to become a Fashion Designer. She also has a secret persona “Ladybug”, which she uses to help defend Paris alongside “Cat Noir”
- Cosplay is a performance art, where all participants called cosplayers wear costumes and fashion accessories to represent a specific character.
- The subculture of Cosplay has developed broadened the definition of Cosplay to any costumed role-playing in venues apart from the stage.
- Anybody can Cosplay and doesn’t need to cosplay there gender but it can be the opposite gender. People Cosplay from manga and anime, comic books and cartoons, video games, films and television series.
I’m looking forward to working with Sarah and producing an interesting portrait! If you’d like to check out her Instagram here http://instagram.com/polkadotdweeb