This blog post will be about, my ideas for this assignment; I first came up with initial ideas and then produced a statement of intent. Initial Statement of Intent:
- Fashion Based Images – I would like to possibly create four manipulated images based on fashion as I have a keen interest within fashion photography. I have been interested by Nick Knight and they he produces his fashion images.
- Manipulated Landscapes – I would like to possibly produce four manipulated images based on Landscape Photography. I was captivated by Erik Johansson’s surrealistic images and the way he creates a dream like reality within the frame.
- Contextual Based Photographs – I want to possibly produce images that are styled in the development processes of the time. For example making images look like they were developed in the Daguerreotype process and other black and white development processes.
Statement of Intent: I would like to produce manipulated images that could be used within a magazine for articles. I would like to produce a few manipulated images, based around fashion shots I will take for this brief. I will use Nick Knight and David Hockney to produce my images. I will use the studio to shoot my fashion images and will shoot in RAW to produce high quality images to enable me to create better Manipulated Images for my Portfolio. For this I will need;
- DSLR (Canon EOS 5D Mark 2 (Studio Camera) and Nikon D5200 (My Camera)
- Remote trigger and receivers to sync the flashes.
- Memory Cards for DSLR’s (SD card for my Nikon and Compact Flash for studio Canon)
- Studio flashes and studio flash attachments (Soft boxes for the background and an umbrella for the model)
- Models and clothing that looks high quality that could possibly feature in a fashion magazine.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 and CS5 to produce my final images
I will also produce extra-manipulated images that fit my theme but might not necessarily be fashion based. They will however be designed to work within a magazine. Once the images are produced, I will then construct the magazine spread within Adobe InDesign and print the magazine mock-up on A3 Pages. This will allow me to show that I can work within InDesign but also show that I think can about the images later on in the chain of design (for example if the images will be used in an article and where they will be placed and how the should look based on the magazine)